APM & Co. is one of the leading firms for Hi-Tech and Venture Capital representing hundreds Hi-tech companies and over 100 venture capital funds, accelerators and incubators as well as many other types of investors.
We have supported and advised companies throughout their journey, from inception and development to public listing and/or acquisition, working alongside some of the leading technology companies in their fields.
Our practice covers the whole lifecycle of Hi-tech from fundraising rounds to buyouts and exits. We act not only as legal counsel but as trusted business advisers by introducing our clients to an ecosystem of partners to achieve their goals.
Who we represent
With over 45 lawyers focused on Hi-tech including 19 partners, we are one of the leading firms in Israel advising entrepreneurs and founders, venture capital and private equity investors, and technology incubators and hubs.
Budgets, talent pipelines, security, privacy and stricter regulation are key challenges for leaders of technology companies and at APM we help entrepreneurs and investors navigate the risks and opportunities in support of their business strategy.
What we do
We provide a full service to emerging companies including:
- Capital raising: in 2021 we assisted Hi-tech companies in raising equity finance of over US$1 billion. From early-stage funding, our clients stay with us as we guide them through acquisitions, investments and IPOs including listings in Tel Aviv, or internationally on NASDAQ, on London’s Alternative Investment Market and on the ASX in Sydney.
- Corporate governance and regulatory: technology raises complex and evolving challenges in terms of data management and privacy, intellectual property, content platforms, app compliance and e-commerce. Our regulatory team provides advise on the global impact of regulations such as GDPR, ASA, CCPA and HIPAA and helps clients navigate the platform requirements and policies of the big tech companies such as Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: we assist companies on the buy and sell side on both domestic and cross-border transactions.
- Israel Innovation Authority tenders: we assist funds to win tenders to operate incubators and invest in new companies in designated fields. The tenders come with financial support from the Israel government.
Our recent work includes:
- Advising a food tech business on its US$ 105 million investment by L-Catterton, ADQ, and Temasek.
- Representing a medical imaging company on a US$70m private financing round, its US$190m IPO on NASDAQ and a subsequent US$200m secondary offering on NASDAQ.
- Acting for an Israeli payments company on a $150m funding facility from Goldman Sachs.
- Advising a fintech focused on middle-market lending on an investment by one of the world’s largest private equity companies including a US$425 million credit facility.
- Advising a company developing technology for 3D-printing of meat substitutes on several equity rounds taking the company just below unicorn (US$1 billion) valuation.
- Representing an Israeli start-up producing digital assets for the metaverse on its investor round with a group of Hollywood investors from the US entertainment industry.
Why choose us?
We take a multidisciplinary approach to emerging companies: our large Hi-tech team which focuses on capital raising through debt and equity financing as well as acquisitions, and mergers is supported and strengthened by specialists in tax, competition, labour and employment, intellectual property and a tech regulatory team.
Our teams act as a catalyst to your development as a business: we see our role as excelling not only as commercial lawyers but also as business advisers able to open doors and connect you with the right players in the Hi-tech eco system. We leverage our network to help our clients find, seize and realise the opportunities available.
Independent research has validated our leadership as professional advisers: we are ranked as a leading firm for Hi-tech and start-ups by The Legal 500.
For further information or to discuss your business in confidence, please reach out to our partners below.