Ran Cohen is a partner in the Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co.’s Hi-Tech & Venture Capital and M&A Practice.
Ran’s diverse areas of practice, in hi-tech and startups, venture capital funds, mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financing, fund formation, IP commercial transactions, public offerings, corporate governance and commercial and strategic transactions, has attracted a wide-ranging clientele, from individual entrepreneurs and early-stage start-ups to public companies and major investment funds. Ran has extensive experience in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity investments, corporate restructuring, strategic joint ventures.
Ran is skilled in negotiating and drafting legal documents for selling, funding, buying, establishing and running businesses in technology and other fields, with an expertise in sale and investment documents, loan contracts, dispute settlement agreements, privacy agreements, service provider and employment contracts, lease agreements, website terms and conditions and privacy policies, and other key business texts.
Ran’s representative transactions include:
- Counsel to Meta Networks in its acquisition by Proofpoint
- Counsel to TowerSec in its acquisition by Harman
- Counsel to Roots – Sustainable Agricultural Technologies Ltd., on its ASX IPO.
- Counsel to AnD Ventures in its investments
- Counsel to Mobilion Ventures in its investments
- Counsel to Sapient Machines, Inc., in its acquisitions of Israeli companies
- Counsel to BlueThrone Pte., in its ongoing matters and apps purchases
- Counsel to Urecsys Ltd., in its ongoing matters and apps purchases
- Counsel to vBrand in its acquisition by Nielsen
- Counsel to Missbeez in its acquisition by IL Makiage
Prior to joining the firm, Ran practiced with one of Israel’s leading law firms.