With over 40 of the firm’s lawyers involved in mergers and acquisitions, we act for both buyers and sellers as well as key shareholders. We are experienced in:
- Representing multinational companies on acquisitions in Israel. We have an extensive track-record in the high-tech sector representing for example, Nasdaq-listed buyers looking to acquire Israeli companies.
- Acting for domestic start-ups and scale-ups on their acquisition by overseas investors.
- Advising venture capitalists on the disposal of their shareholding through M&A transactions.
- Representing management during management buy-outs.
- And advising private equity funds on taking stakes in domestic companies. We also have a leading practice on fund formation.
We work on some of the largest and most complex cross-border transactions including share purchases, statutory mergers, asset purchases, tender offers, spin-offs and purchases of businesses.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising one of Israel’s fastest-growing companies on its USD 300 million merger with another Israeli company and a subsequent merger with a Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SAPC) led by a US investment bank. The combined entity is now a global leader in cybersecurity for autonomous vehicles.
- Representing the corporate shareholders of a cloud email security company on its USD 300 million acquisition by a Nasdaq-listed buyer.
- Acting for one of Israel’s unicorns on its USD 190 million IPO on Nasdaq and subsequent acquisition of a medical imaging analytics company.
Why choose us?
We offer a multicultural and personalised approach to transaction management. With over 19 partners focused on M&A, many of whom are dual qualified or have worked in leading global law firms, we understand how to adapt to the different cultures that companies face when investing in Israel or when Israeli businesses are looking overseas.
Each deal is different and we assemble a tailored team to meet your business needs. As well as being able to tap into tax, antitrust, securities, intellectual property, employment and compliance expertise, our focus is on your commercial success. We offer business solutions alongside technical excellence to help you navigate the complex challenges of M&A particularly with regard to new technologies.
We support your business strategy by opening the right doors. We see ourselves first and foremost as your business advisers able to connect the dots not only on your transactional needs but also in terms of the opportunities, people and partnerships that can benefit your business.
“Amit Pollak Matalon & Co is a well-regarded law firm with a strong corporate offering including M&A, frequently with a cross-border element. The team is noted for its experience in the high-tech and life sciences sectors with clients ranging from start-ups to publicly-listed companies. It demonstrates further aptitude representing private equity and venture capital firms.”
Chambers Global (2022)
For further information or to discuss your business in confidence, please reach out to our lawyers below.