Who we represent
Our firm provides comprehensive legal advice on all aspects of the Israeli Labor law.
We have a wide international and domestic client base and a strong reputation across many different sectors including, high-tech, fintech, life sciences and pharmaceuticals, real estate and construction, foodtech, media and film, transportation and automotive, traditional and new industries and R&D companies.
We assist clients with both contentious and non-contentious advice, in particular building tailored compliance plans for HR and corporate teams to anticipate, avoid and mitigate risks and disputes.
What we do
Our services include:
- Providing ongoing advice on complex aspects of employment law covering wages, benefits including pension and severance.
- Preparing legal opinions and drafting workplace handbooks including policies on data privacy, presence at work or working in remote, and employing people with disabilities as well as drafting codes of conduct, for example relating to sexual harassment and standards of behaviour in the workplace. Drafting agreements for various forms of employment, as well as consulting agreements, incentives plans for employees, separation and retirement agreements, including for senior employees..
- Representing clients in all types of Labor law proceedings, at all instances including Labor law tribunals, as well as representing clients at disciplinary tribunals, arbitrations, parity committees, enforcement bodies within the Ministry of Labor under the Ministry of Welfare and Social Affairs and supervisory bodies (for example, the Supervisor of Women’s Employment).
- Assisting in the management of crises situations vis-à-vis an individual or small group of employees (for example, complaints of sexual or other harassment at the workplace etc.
- Representing clients on disputes involving collective bargaining agreements, including negotiating and the drafting of collective bargaining agreements.
- Assisting and drafting all relevant documents required and necessary as part of merger and acquisition transactions, as well as in major structural changes of a corporation or organization.
- Preparing compliance reviews with the Israeli Labor law.
- Providing appropriate response to complex work methods: engagements with service companies, human resources companies, and employment of foreign works.
Examples of our recent work:
- Acting for a global corporate on different employment law aspects, such as prevention and investigation of sexual harassments, maltreatment in the workplace, complex dismissals, and separation and retirement agreements.
- Advising on all employment law aspects arising for a multinational company on its US$60 million acquisition of a controlling stake in an Israeli company.
- Representing an employee in a claim and counterclaim arguing that the case was a SLAPP (Strategic Litigation Against Public Participation) suit to deter him and prevent him from making an honest living. The lawsuit was ended with a compromise agreement.
Why choose us?
We provide full support to our transactional teams: alongside our colleagues in Tax, IP and Capital Markets, we support the M&A and High-Tech teams to get deals over the line and ensure our clients can mitgate employment risks and achieve their business goals.
Our team’s strength is recognised by independent research: both Chambers Global and The Legal 500 rank our team as one of the leading firms in Israel
We are specialists in crisis management: we are well-known for our ability to steer clients through the most challenging Labor crises and during the pandemic, we were instrumental in helping clients to navigate the complex and challenging environment for their workforces.
Our team acts a strategic partner and not just legal counsel: we assist companies to better manage their human resources including developing HR management and regulatory plans.
For further information or to discuss your business in confidence, please reach out to our lawyers below.