Who we represent
Recognised as one of the top-tier firms by The Legal 500, our restructuring and insolvency team acts for governments, companies, NGOs, individuals and investors.
We have extensive experience of representing banks and insurance companies on restructuring and insolvency matters.
We are also frequently appointed by the state to take on a public role as trustees in bankruptcy, as liquidators or as receivers. Following a tender, the Israel Tax Authority has appointed us to handle debt-collection cases on behalf of the state.
What we do
Our work includes supporting clients on:
- The rehabilitation and recovery of businesses.
- Analysing the impacts of complex creditor arrangements.
- Debt collection and the realisation of assets in Israel and abroad.
- The management of distressed companies as going concerns.
- Voluntary liquidations and those that are court-ordered.
- Receiverships and insolvency proceedings for companies and individuals.
- Insolvency-related litigation including partner disputes, deprivation and derivative claims, and claims against officers.
Recent examples of our work:
- We have been appointed to many high-profile Trustee in Bankruptcy/Receiver roles by the Official Receiver of the State of Israel including the collapse of the Peri group in 2021.
- Representing Bank Hapoalim in seven debt collection cases, involving investigations and location of assets, the realisation and sale of assets, numerous court motions and more, with a total combined value of US$350m.
- Advising Aura Israel – Entrepreneurship and Investments on the collection of US$5.3m in debt owed to Aura as creditor in the insolvency proceedings of the Ortam-Malibu Group.
- Representing Ashplast Plastic Trade & Industries 1999 on a stay of proceedings and trustee appointment for the management of Ashplast, due to debts amounting to NIS80m.
Why choose us?
We bring together a multidisciplinary team to handle both contentious and non-contentious matters. Our experienced team can help navigate the daunting prospects of insolvency by bringing in specialist support lawyers from our tax, labour, real estate and high-tech departments, to achieve a comprehensive and equitable solution.
We are a market-leading firm according to independent research. Both Chambers and The Legal 500 single out the team as one of the leading firms in Israel for Restructuring & Insolvency.
“Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co has an impressive practice with significant expertise in an array of restructuring and insolvency mandates. The team possesses deep experience acting as official liquidator, trustee and special manager appointed by the court.”
Chambers Global (2022)
For further information or to discuss your business in confidence, please reach out to our lawyers below.