India is one of the most significant and fastest growing economies in Asia and the second-largest market demographically in the world. As such, the potential for international businesses and entrepreneurs is immense. The complexity of the market demands not only knowledge, experience and connections but also the right long-term strategy to succeed.
Backed by many years’ experience, we have forged deep relationships with entities and business organizations seeking to develop into new markets or expand their existing activities, providing each client with a tailored approach to the unique characteristics of the Indian market. We also closely support Indian businesses extending their business relationships with Israeli companies.
In addition to our activity in India, we represent clients in their business activities throughout East Asian countries, including, but not limited to, China, Japan, Korea, and Singapore.
Who we represent
Our client roster spans multiple sectors including agriculture, cyber, cleantech, fintech, security and homeland security (HLS), software, water management, water technologies and medical equipment. We act for:
- Technology companies
- Multinational companies
- Investment funds
- Private investors
- Joint ventures
What we do
Our experts accompany clients and assist them, throughout their business activities in East Asia and India, with:
- Negotiation and drafting of agreements, including Transfer of Technology, technology licenses, investments, sales, buy backs and offset undertakings.
- Establishment of joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and other business collaborations.
- Establishment of local legal entities.
- Industrial and technological collaborations.
- Taxation and funding questions.
- Intellectual Property issues and licenses.
- Non-compete clauses and negotiations.
- Israel Innovation Authority issues.
- Exclusivity arrangements.
Why choose us?
- Our cross-cultural business experience. Our strength is our track record of success, which has provided our team with a deep understanding of the local business culture in India and East Asian countries.
- Specialist expertise and insight. Our India department is led by Adv. Benjamin Grossman, chairman of the Indo – Israel Committee of the Israel Bar Association, chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee of the Israel Asia Chamber of Commerce and a board member of the World Indian Entrepreneurs Association (TiE). The team thrives under his leadership and is frequently involved in complex and wide-ranging cases, directed by Benjamin’s status and capability.
- We support our clients with a full-service transactional team. The department works in full cooperation with the other departments of the firm, including high-tech and venture capital, fund establishment, fund representation, global markets and tax, creating an integrated set of advisors for clients.
- We pride ourselves on supporting your business as strategic, commercial advisers. We have developed close relationships with law firms, government bodies and leading business entities in India, Singapore and China. Clients benefit from our ability to bridge the cultural, business, and regulatory differences between countries and to streamline the process of entering the market.