Who we represent
Our Local Government department provides practical solutions to complex matters related to the field of local government. We operate a full-service department that also offers counsel on municipal taxes and public tenders. We advise and represent:
- Local authorities and municipalities against the Israel Lands Authority.
- Landowners and real estate entrepreneurs and corporations against local authorities and municipalities.
Local authorities and municipalities we have represented include Givatayim, Shoham, Zichron Yaakov, Kiryat Shmona, Zafed, Eilat, Kfar Kassem, Hurfeish and Upper Galilee Regional Council.
What we do
The services we provide span across a variety of sectors – residence, employment, trade, conservation, transportation, education and culture. We accompany our clients from the onset of the legal process to its completion. Cases are often highly comprehensive and multi-dimensional, requiring advice on:
- The impact of legislative proposals and regulatory changes.
- Managing planning, building and zoning matters.
- Economic initiatives and environmental and municipal taxation.
- Public tender laws and litigation of other related administrative law matters.
Our experience includes:
- Representing the Municipality of Givatayim in its daily operations and activities, including expropriations, development and initiation agreements and coordinating the work teams of various advisors such as architects and appraisers.
- Representing Zichron Yaakov Local Council in a series of legal proceedings against a private entity, a religious NGO, in connection with a plan for a plot in the centre of the old town that threatened to change the entire character of the town.
- Representing Shoham Local Council and its Economic Development Company on their ongoing activities for the past 20 years. This includes representation in petitions to the High Court of Justice, administrative appeals before the Supreme Court, civil legal proceedings and administrative petitions.
Why choose us?
A track record of high-level experience. Clients profit from our long experience in highly complex local government initiatives. We use our understanding of public bodies, public systems and the interests involved to provide creative and practical solutions to complex situations.
A team which is experienced in the field. The department is supported by field staff with experience of working with local authorities to conduct inspections on our behalf at properties and surveys as well as to offer supervision during inspections on behalf of local authorities.
The ability to deliver strategic and commercial advice. Clients are immediately at an advantage with the genuine experience and understanding at the firm, with our lawyers well-equipped to tailor a valuable solution to the pressing business needs and objectives of each local authority.
For further information or to discuss your business in confidence, please reach out to our partners below.